I am Honored! One of my Paintings Hangs in Karadah, a Political Subdivision Baghdad Iraq


A few weeks ago Lt. Col. Rick Burns of Elk Horn, Iowa, member of the Army Reserve 418th Civil Affairs Battalion of Belton, Mo contacted me about purchasing a painting that represented Iowa. He is a an Army civil affairs officer who has been working in Iraq serving as a liaison between the U.S. Army and Iraqi civilians. Rick presented "Quiet Fields" to the Karadah District Council on Oct. 27. It's now hanging in the council's hall, which was the palace of a daughter of former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein.

I want to send a HUGE thank you to Lt. Col Rick Burns. Thank you for your service and I am glad to hear you made it to the USA safe and sound.

God Bless!
Toni

To read an article written by Butch Heman (thank you Butch!) of the Daily Times Herald, Carroll, Iowa, please copy/paste this link into your browser (I couldn't figure out how to get a live link): http://www.carrollspaper.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1&ArticleID=6982

No comments: